Neurosurgery is concerned with preventing, diagnosing and treating conditions and disorders that affect the nervous system. This includes the brain and spinal cord.
HCA Healthcare UK at The Shard Outpatients Centre provides exceptional supportive services for people with nervous system-related conditions living in London.
Our world-leading consultants support patients to comfortably prepare for, and recover from, many types of brain and spinal surgery. This aims to ensure patients make a successful recovery after surgery and can live their lives with confidence.
Neurosurgery services for the brain and spine at HCA at The Shard
Our team of highly skilled consultants are able to diagnose conditions and disorders that affect the brain and spine and provide a neurological assessment to prepare patients for surgery.
If you require surgery, you’ll be transferred to one of our HCA Healthcare UK facilities, such as London Bridge Hospital, where our highly experienced neurosurgeons will aim to give you the best possible care and treatment.
There are many surgical services we support patients with at HCA at The Shard. This includes brain conditions, such as brain tumours and fluid on the brain, as well as those related to the spine, such as a slipped disc and sciatica – the name of any sort of pain caused by irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve. Our services include:
- Brain tumour debulking – A procedure that aims to reduce the size of a brain tumour
- Brain tumour biopsy – An operation to remove a piece of a brain tumour, allowing it to be examined and analysed under a microscope
- Shunts for hydrocephalus (fluid on the brain) – This treatment aims to divert fluid from the head into another body cavity, such as the abdomen or chest or within the brain
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy for hydrocephalus – A procedure that aims to relieve hydrocephalus. It involves rerouting fluid within the brain, which allows it to escape
- Spinal procedures – These are operations for degenerative, disc and neoplastic disorders, and neurosurgery for sciatica
Why choosing HCA at The Shard’s services is the right decision
Immediate treatment for effective recovery – Our neurosurgery services at HCA at The Shard aim to be fast and convenient, providing an effective diagnosis and recovery process for conditions like brain tumours, fluid on the brain and sciatica. This aims to ensure you receive your treatment quickly and make the best possible recovery, allowing you to return to living your life the best way you can.
Exceptional consultants and technology – You can book an appointment at HCA at The Shard for the same day or next day you contact us and our exceptional team will aim to give you your diagnosis during your visit. With HCA at The Shard’s cutting edge technology, such as our MRI scanning equipment, our team of neurosurgery professionals will also provide a treatment programme that’s right you and your condition.
Leaders in care and support – HCA’s leading neurosurgeons will work hard to provide you with the best treatment and highest quality of care, before our consultants support you with a recovery programme that’s realistic, manageable and achievable for you.